Q1. Is passion enough to create a sustainable business model? What other pieces need to be in place?
Q2. What are the key components of a unique selling proposition?
Q3. What advice has helped you keep a (or your client’s) “pipeline” full of customers?
Q4. How can we balance benefiting society while maintaining/driving profit?
Q5. How do you identify revenue bearing business opportunities?
Q6. You’re asked to identify a strategy to drive new leads while maintaining existing quality of work. What do you include?
Q7. In this economy, virtual teams of solopreneurs is becoming a viable biz model. How do you find team members?
Q8. How do you build relationships with trusted advisors who redflag business issues/encourage growth in different areas?
Q9. You notice that one strategy works well for your competition. Do you follow their model or remain aligned to current strategy?
Q10. How can social media enhance your ability to “show” rather than “tell” what your business is about?
Cathy Larkin is the founder of Web Savvy PR, and adds social media tools to the traditional Public Relations (PR) toolkit to help small businesses and entrepreneurs; non-profits; and speakers, bloggers, and authors build their businesses, and expand the reach of their brand.
I started my boutique PR firm in 2005, and in 2007 I attended several conferences and let my inner “Geek Girl” out of the closet and have not looked back. I’ve steeped myself in social networking, social media, web 2.0, organic search optimization (SEO), blog design, social bookmarking, and I am always learning new things. With 20 plus years of Public Relations (PR) experience behind me, an avid curiosity about technology, and love of connecting people to cool things, I’m having a blast as a social media guide, consultant and speaker. – Cathy Larkin
How to Participate in #GenYChat on Twitter
If you haven’t participated in the chat before, but have insights to share, please do the following to participate:
If using Twitter.com:
- Type “#genychat” into the search field
- Reply and ReTweet but add “#genychat” onto your tweets in order for everyone participating to see your tweets
If using TweetChat:
- Sign in through OAuth. (note: Please read this information about using OAuth to give third party applications access to your account)
- Type “genychat” into the search field (The “#” is already provided)
- Click Go
- Reply and ReTweet. TweetChat puts the hashtag in for you so you don’t have to
If using TweetDeck:
- Click the + symbol to add a column
- Type “#genychat” into the search field. A column will appear as the last column in your TweetDeck
- Using the left arrow button, move it next to your Mentions column to better see and respond to your replies while in the chat
- Click the Settings button
- Click on the Twitter tab
- Click on Auto include hashtags when replying
- Click Save settings
- Reply and ReTweet. TweetDeck puts the hashtag in for you so you don’t have to. (Note: You still have to add “#genychat” onto your own tweets in order for everyone participating to see your tweets)
#GenYChat begins at 9pm ET! Get in early for introductions and mingling. See you there!